With my honey out of town and the children at school, I was cooking for just me this afternoon…
I was so temped to whip up a hummus sandwich and call it a done deal. Sandwiches, however healthy the ingredients are, are my version of fast food. Bread is my fast food to be exact. Toast in the mornings and sandwiches in the afternoon are quick to make and eat on the run. Too much of this fast food eating eventually catches up with me. Much like traditional fast foods, these meals are not balanced enough and my body ends up crashing at some point.
Slowing down is always better for me. It is my nature to go, go, go and push myself. On my yoga mat, when I take time, practice patience and honor my body, it springs back with just as much loving energy as I give it. I practice moving like a yogi, why not eat like one too? So reminding myself that slowing down to cook and eat a meal is better for my digestion, I put down the loaf of bread and pulled out the veggies and tofu. Here’s what I made.
Broccoli Kale Tofu Stir Fry
1 Tbs coconut oil
8 oz sliced organic sprouted tofu
1 cup chopped broccoli
2 cups chopped kale
1/2 tsp turmeric
2 Tbs Brags Amino acid
1/2 tsp unsweetened shredded coconut
1/2 ripe avocado
- Melt coconut oil in a frying pan on medium heat, add tofu and spread out evenly in pan. Sprinkle half the turmeric on the tofu and brown both sides.
- Add broccoli to pan and cook until just tender- about 2 minutes. Add the kale and cook for another 2-3 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Mix in the Brags and cook for 1 more minute.
- Serve it up garnished with shredded coconut, avocado and lime.
- Take a deep breath, relax, bless and enjoy your meal.